The eyelash curler is one of the original “must have” beauty tools and curling your lashes is what really makes the eyes pop! Here are a few tips to maximize that sparkle.
- Clean Lashes. Curling your lashes after you have applied mascara is a “no-no”. Lashes will stick to the curler, which will cause you to pull out or damage them.
- Metal Curlers Are the Best. Yes, there is a big difference between top brands like Shu Uemura or Japonesque and what you can find at your local drugstore.
- Hold the Curler at the Base of Lashes. If you feel your skin being pinched open the curler and move up the lash slightly. Squeeze and hold for at least 5 seconds.
- Apply Heat. If you have thick coarse lashes hold the curler under a blow dryer for a few seconds. Be careful not to heat it up for too long you don’t want to singe your lids!
- Double Check. Take a second to make sure you have all your lashes in the curler, especially the outer lashes.