THE MICROBLADING & PMU EXPERTS
The term “permanent makeup” is a bit of a misnomer because it isn't truly permanent, but with long-lasting results and little downtime, the popularity of microblading and permanent makeup is exploding. Led and trained by certified trainer Julie Michaud, our team of Certified Prettyology Micropigmentation Specialists gently and expertly tattoo pigments below your epidermis to make you look like you wake up, made up.
Our team of Certified Prettyology Micropigmentation Specialists performs over 5,000 procedures per year.
Who said good looks have to fade?
Pretty Permanent Makeup Procedures
Most of our clients come to us after learning that Prettyology is the secret to their friends’ beautiful brows. Our reputation is key to our success. Only our very best, proven makeup and brow artists are selected to receive the training and experiential learning required to become a Certified Prettyology Micropigmentation Specialist. Our training program was developed and is led by founder Julie Michaud - who, importantly, has trained no less than seven winners of Boston Magazine's Best of Boston award in addition to winning the award eight times herself. It’s the most comprehensive and rigorous of any in the industry. Learn why this matters here.
With over 5,000 procedures performed annually, you can be confident that Prettyology is the microblading & permanent makeup destination.
See for yourself with our before & after photos on Instagram.
Good to Know!
- Prettyology's founder and CEO, Julie Michaud, became Boston’s first licensed permanent makeup artist in 2005.
- Our classic French approach is designed to always leave you with the most natural appearance possible.
- We have more experience and have thrilled more clients than anyone in the area. Check out our client reviews.
- Your daily makeup will always look like it was applied by an expert... because it was.
- Results last 1-10 years (microblading technique may be shorter).
- It's almost pain-free.
- We can correct errors made by other practitioners.
- We are unable to apply permanent makeup to women who are or may be pregnant or nursing at the time of their appointment.
- Have questions that aren't answered here? You can see our FAQs, search our blog, or ask us a question.
Accentuating Your Natural Beauty
- Shortening your daily makeup regimen
- Sparse, thinning or over-tweezed eyebrows
- Pale lips or fading lip lines
- Contact lens wearers
- Physically active people
- Undefined lash lines
- Improving appearance of wrinkles
- Reducing visibility of scarring
- People with alopecia or vitiligo
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Areola Restoration
- Initial Pretty Permanent Makeup Procedures include a free follow-up appointment after one month to fine tune the shading after pigments have had a chance to settle
- If the follow-up appointment is performed more than 3 months after the initial procedure, it is charged as a Touch-up
- Touch-ups after 36 months are considered as a new procedure
Our PMU Services
NOTE: Please inquire for Julie's prices, which are not reflected in the pricing below.
CONSULTATION 30 minutes. $50–$100*
(applied towards cost of procedure within 3 months)
Consultations are mandatory before any first time microblading / permanent makeup procedure, scar correction or camouflage, and tattoo removal procedure. This is true even (especially) if you’ve had it done somewhere else.
We assess your skin type and condition, relevant medical background, lifestyle, goals, desires, and any upcoming special events that affect your scheduling. We’ll then discuss the various treatment methods available, the pros and cons of each as they apply to you personally, and any preparation you’ll want to do in order to maximize your results.
Come to the consultation with an open mind. Social sites like Instagram have created enormous misunderstanding and misinformation around buzzwords like "microblading," leading clients to too often ask for the wrong thing and walk away disappointed.
Your consultation fee can be applied toward cost of the service within 3 months of the consultation. All initial Micropigmentation appointments include a free follow-up appointment within 3 months of initial appointment to fine tune the shading after pigments have settled. If a third appointment is necessary after the follow-up appointment, then a set-up fee will apply.
All first time Micropigmentation clients are required to pay a 50% service deposit when scheduling their initial appointment. Deposits ARE refundable if cancellation notice is given 48 hours in advance. Prices are subject to change.
*Prices vary per artist.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, we recommend booking a remote consultation by Zoom video call rather than in-person at Prettyology.
Eyebrow Microblading, Digital Hairstrokes, or Powder Brows
Initial Appointment + Free Follow-up... $650-1250
EYELINER – TOP & bottom (NATURAL)
Initial Appointment + Free Follow-up... $725-1250
EYELINER – TOP ONLY (NATURAL)
Initial Appointment + Free Follow-up... $575-875
EYELINER – BOTTOM ONLY (NATURAL)
Initial Appointment + Free Follow-up... $425-475
Stardusting or Extra-thick Line... $160-225
LIPS – LIPBLUSH/BLENDED FULL LIP COLOR
Initial Appointment + Free Follow-up... $775-1250
Dark Lip Correction
Includes 1 free follow-up... $775-1050
The description and prices below apply only to touching up work originally done by Prettyology not more than 36 months prior. Beyond 36 months is considered a new first-time application. If you've had work done by any other practitioner, please see "Fix-ups" below.
"Permanent makeup" can last for years. But the pigments are not like those used for body tattoos and are not truly permanent. That's one of many reasons we prefer to use the term "micropigmentation" rather than "permanent makeup".
FACTORS AFFECTING TIME BETWEEN TOUCH UPS
- Skin type
- How natural the initial look was. The finer and more natural the individual hair strokes, the more crisp you'll want to keep them
- Amount of sun exposure
- Use of anti-aging products and treatments
- The shade of pigments used
Eyebrow Microblading, Digital Hairstrokes, or Powder Brows Touch-up
Within 36 Months Brow Touch-up... $375-850
EYELINER – TOP & bottom (NATURAL) Touch-up
Within 36 Months Top & Bottom Eyeliner Touch-up... $450-650
EYELINER – TOP ONLY (NATURAL) Touch-up
Within 36 Months Top Eyeliner Touch-up... $365-850
*Additional cost for Glamour (extra thick) or Stardust (smudging). Specify at time of booking.
EYELINER – BOTTOM ONLY (NATURAL)
Within 36 Months Bottom Eyeliner Touch-up... $250-300
Stardusting or Extra-thick Line... $160-300
Add-on Touch-ups... $80-150
LIPS – LIPBLUSH/BLENDED FULL LIP COLOR
Within 36 Months Full Lip Touch-up... $475-850
Dark Lip Paid Follow-up
Within 90 Days of last appointment... $300-400 per session
CORRECT ERRORS MADE BY OTHER PRACTITIONERS
Many new clients ask us to correct or refresh permanent makeup that was applied by someone else. We can usually improve the appearance. In many cases, we can achieve the same result as if we'd done the work from scratch.
This involves several unknowns: brand and composition of the pigments used by the original practitioner, color, shape, fading, your skin's natural pigmentation, length of time since most recent application, and more. Because of this, we can not guarantee a specific result or how many sessions will be optimal.
Corrective work services are priced per hour and do not include a follow-up appointment. Please keep in mind that three or more appointments may be required.
Consultation required...Price TBD
Tiny Tattoos... $150/hr (per session)
Awards & Mentions
Best of Boston