The Powerhouse Behind Prettyology
Julie Michaud, PAAM, CPCP, CEO
With over 30 years in the business, this award-winning beauty guru skyrocketed from doing makeup for the stars in New York, Paris and Boston, to opening her first makeup studio in 1998, and eventually founding Prettyology, Boston’s first beauty lab focused on the natural beauty of the face. This creative CEO continues to run her custom-built beauty lab now at Mills58—a destination location on the North Shore—along with a Pop-up Brow Bar on Newbury Street in Boston.
- Platinum Member of the American Academy for Micropigmentation (PAAM)
- Lifetime Member of The Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals
- Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professional (CPCP)
- Licensed Permanent Makeup Practitioner by the Peabody Board of Health
- 3D Areola Micropigmentation Certified
- Tattoo Removal Certified
- Massachusetts Licensed Cosmetologist
- Ten-time “Best of Boston” Eyebrow Design award winner
- Fluent in French
Pretty Little Secrets
Julie's Three Favorite Products
- SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF
- Revitalash Double-Sided Volumizing Set Mascara & Primer (this is very much the secret to my lashes)
- Jane Iredale Glow Time Blush Stick in "Enchanted"
Julie's Essential Elements
- Astrological Sign: Taurus
- Enneagram Type: Type 7 - The Enthusiast
- Pets: I have 2 adorably mischievous pups - Milo, the mellow Shih Tzu, and Mitzi, the schitzi Yorkipoo.
- Fantasy Vacation: Bora Bora
Julie’s Fashionable Favs
- Fashion Designer:Chistian Dior - hands down.
- Fashion Icon: Audrey Hepburn. Or more specifically, Holly Golightly (Breakfast at Tiffany's).
- Celebrity Obsession:Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Together.
- Singer/Band: P!nk 💗. Also obsessed with the late Kirsty MacCall's "Tropical Brainstorm" album.
- Singing Out Loud
- Nature - indoor/outdoor gardening, bird feeding/watching
- Home Decorating
What inspires you in life?
- Traveling, art, music and most importantly, my family. I have two amazing young adult kiddos that I am crazy about. They teach me to live my best life.
- AND Seeing a clients’ confidence after one of our services!! They just walk out differently than they walk in. Like they're suddenly wearing a tiara. It's the best!
Awards & Mentions
Best of Boston