Medical Tattooing (Micro needling)
Because we're firm believers that beauty is more than skin deep, these services are specifically designed to help women and men feel pretty or handsome and more confident when they need it most. Check out our Before & after photo gallery and our 3D areola restoration before & after photos.Perfect for:
- Acne scars
- Burn scars
- Stretch marks
- Hypopigmented skin (patches of skin that are abnormally lighter than the surrounding skin)
- Improving the look of the areola area after mastectomy reconstruction
- Unfortunately we are not able to lighten hyperpigmented skin (patches of skin which are abnormally darker than the surrounding skin) due to medical concerns. We recommend seeing a medical esthetician or dermatologist.
- Services are priced per hour and do not include a free follow up appointment.
- Though our techniques can reduce the appearance of your scar, it’s important to understand that scars are long-lasting and no scar will ever be completely invisible.
- Every scar is different: body location, size, shape, color, appearance of depth, and more. Some scars require only a single treatment, others take multiple treatments.
- Results are cumulative and may take four to six weeks to fully develop.
- To learn more about what we can and can’t do to help reduce the appearance of your scar than we can present on this page, see our detailed microneedling and scar camouflage article.
- Have questions that aren't answered here? You can see our FAQs, search our blog, or ask us a question
Consultation 30 minutes. $50 (applied towards cost of procedure w/in 3 months)
A consultation is mandatory before any first time medical tattooing or micro needling procedure such as for scar correction, scar camouflage, or areola repigmentation. This is true even (especially) if you’ve had it done somewhere else.
We assess your skin type, nature and condition of the area to be pigmented, relevant medical background, lifestyle, and goals for the procedure. We’ll then discuss the various treatment methods available, the pros and cons of each as they apply to you personally, and any preparation you’ll want to do in order to maximize your results.
We highly recommend consultations be done in-person in our Boston beauty lab so we can inspect your skin up close. When this is not practical or possible, we’ll schedule your consultation as a video call - though this is less ideal.
Scar Relaxation. $350/hour
Scar tissue (fibroblasts) are needled and massaged in order to relax the appearance of the scar.
Scar Camouflage. $350/hour
After the scar is relaxed, we do something called pointillism. This procedure uses pigments in a range of tones to match the skin.
Unfortunately, we are unable to camouflage birthmarks or other hyperpigmented skin (patches of skin which are abnormally darker than the surrounding skin) due to medical concerns.
3D Areola Restoration
This procedure restores the look of the areola’s natural color and 3-D appearance. See our 3D areola restoration before & after photos. Note sometime after these photos were taken, we started using a new, more advanced technique that gives even better results. They're incredibly realistic!
As with our other permanent makeup services, prices include a free followup visit after about a month to fine-tune the results. It's well worth it!
Unilateral $600 - $700
Bilateral $850 - $975
Areola Restoration Touch Ups
Within 36 months of previous application by Prettyology
Unilateral $260 - $300
Bilateral $425 - $500