Beauty Lab / Med Spa Manager
Reporting directly to company ownership, the Beauty Lab / Med Spa Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth & efficient operation of our award-winning permanent makeup beauty lab / med spa to achieve key business outcomes: client retention; staff retention; productivity and profitability.
S/he is responsible for coordinating the delivery of services, including staffing, reception desk, appointment book, retail/service supplies, and running our business systems in a functioning and efficient manner. Close teamwork is vital in order to continually improve client and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the location.
A key principle of Prettyology is that the needs of our customers, staff, and the business are always aligned. Team members are compensated for their skill progression; their customer service (measured by client retention; prebooking; and other metrics); and their adherence to our values, culture and systems. A significant part of the manager’s role is to use your knowledge of our systems and the personalities involved to coach and manage each team member to maximize their career potential.
- Significant leadership experience in a very busy high-end med spa, spa, medical business, or salon
- Experience managing a team of employees, including hiring/firing, ongoing evaluation, and career development
- Understanding of managing revenue and expenses to ensure profitability & cash flow
- Experience managing to key success metrics
- 2- or 4-year college degree highly desirable
- Strong ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate both creative/artistic and administrative personalities
- Naturally team oriented
- Passion and aptitude for uncompromising customer service
- Confident and polished without being arrogant
- Reliable, dependable, honest & trustworthy
- Strong leadership skills; willing to take charge and be accountable
- Independent thinker & problem solver
- Intellectually curious; passion for continual learning
- Strong work ethic
- Embody Prettyology’s core values and culture
- Learn and understand the details of Prettyology’s business and operations, including the intricacies of our front desk and micropigmentation services
- Manage Prettyology’s service providers (artists) and client services (front desk) teams, including hiring, scheduling, training, performance reviews, wage reviews, etc
- Manage key outcomes including client and staff retention, productivity, prebook rates, retail recommendations and profitability
- Communicate, coach, and enforce Prettyology’s internal and client-facing policies, procedures and systems
- Maintain Prettyology’s superb brand reputation
- Manage retail inventory and professional supplies
- Be a role model for other employees
- Identify opportunities for improvement, propose and implement solutions
- Must be able to access our location, which is not ADA-compliant
- Must be able to access all areas of our facilities, which are not ADA-compliant
- Must be able to project the health and wellness ideals of the beauty lab environment
- Ability to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds
- This position requires the following abilities: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity
- Ability to type and use computer monitors for long periods
- Work conditions include exposure to needles, blood, topical anesthetics, noise, vibrations, odors, mechanical, chemical and electrical hazards
This is a full-time position requiring on-site presence. Evening and weekend hours may be required. We are currently open Tuesdays through Saturdays.
Eligibility & Relocation
Candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship. There are no relocation benefits approved for this position.
If you’ve got the necessary experience and qualifications and Prettyology sounds like it might be an interesting next career step, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.