Makeup / Brow Artist, with opportunity to learn microblading & permanent makeup
We’re looking for career-oriented makeup & brow artists to perform individualized brow shaping (tweezing and a bit of waxing), makeup applications and makeup lessons. You’ll need a great eye, natural talent, the ability to build long-term relationships with all types of demanding clients and with your team mates, and an affinity for learning new skills and ways of doing things. We’ll provide lots of training.
You must be a Massachusetts licensed cosmetologist or esthetician with any amount of experience from entry level through senior.
Top performers will quickly be invited to train in our microblading & permanent makeup training program. Prettyology is the largest & most successful microblading & permanent makeup center in the United States. Headed by one of the country’s most experienced micropigmentation artists and trainer/mentor of 6 Best of Boston award winners, we perform thousands of procedures each year.
We pay for all your training time and expenses. You receive comprehensive start-to-finish training in the beauty industry’s hottest trend - microblading and “permanent makeup” (micropigmentation) – by some of its premier artists and trainers.
Upon completing the basic training program, you’ll begin taking clients under the supervision of our extremely talented, motivated and helpful micropigmentation team. Successful artists can then move on from eyebrows to eyeliner, lips, scar camouflage and areola restoration – and even to learn to train others. All paid 100% by Prettyology – a value in the tens of thousands of dollars. And the compensation is significantly higher as well. What we expect in return is a serious commitment to being the best and a commitment to your career at Prettyology.
Key Character Attributes
- Skilled in handling difficult or sensitive customers
- Able to anticipate, meet and exceed customer needs, desires, and expectations
- Strong appreciation for others. Able to identify with & care about clients and team members
- Accountable for personal actions. Able to accept & learn from feedback & training
- Cooperative with team members to meet objectives
- Communicate effectively, building rapport & relationships with all kinds of people
- Readily adaptable to change with minimal resistance
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Helping clients understand and determine their individual needs.
- Providing individualized eyebrow shaping, makeup application and makeup lesson services to our clients.
- Promoting appropriate retail products and services to all clients.
- Presenting a healthful, professional, trusting and positive demeanor to clients and teammates.
- If you’re exceptionally strong at embodying Prettyology’s culture and keeping clients enthusiastically coming back to Prettyology, responsibilities may be expanded to include microblading & micropigmentation: eyebrows, eyeliner, lips, scars, areola restoration and more.
- Responsibilities may also grow to include training other staff members.
- Must be currently licensed by Massachusetts Board of Cosmetology or Esthetics.
- Proficient understanding of face shapes, eyebrows and their growth patterns, ethnicities, skin types and color, makeup artistry and makeup brush uses.
- This is a full-time position for career-oriented candidates. At least one weekend day per week will be required. Working hours will be scheduled with management.
If Prettyology sounds like a great career opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!