Beauty Med Spa Director
Reporting directly to company ownership, the Beauty Lab / Med Spa Director is responsible for ensuring smooth & efficient operation of our award-winning permanent makeup beauty lab / med spa to achieve key business outcomes: client retention; staff retention; productivity and profitability.
S/he is responsible for coordinating the delivery of services, including staffing, reception desk, appointment book, retail/service supplies, and running our business systems in a functioning and efficient manner. Close teamwork is vital in order to assure strong client and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the location.
A key principle of Prettyology is that the needs of our customers, staff, and the business are always aligned. Team members are compensated for their skill progression; their customer service; and their adherence to our values, culture and systems. A significant part of the manager’s role is to use your knowledge of our systems and the personalities involved to coach and manage each team member to maximize their career potential.
- Skilled in leading, motivating, and managing a team of creative and administrative employees, including hiring, ongoing coaching and evaluation and career development
- Strong ability to manage a premium appointment-based service business operating at high capacity
- Strong understanding of the emotional & psychological aspects of high-end creative beauty service purchases
- Experience managing revenue and expenses to ensure profitability & cash flow
- Understanding of salon/spa marketing
- Experience in establishing and/or leading multi-location businesses is a strong plus
- 2- or 4-year college degree highly desirable
- Strong ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate both creative/artistic and administrative personalities
- Naturally team oriented
- Passion and aptitude for uncompromising customer service
- Confident and polished without being arrogant
- Reliable, dependable, honest & trustworthy
- Strong leadership skills; willing to take charge and be accountable
- Independent thinker & problem solver
- Intellectually curious; passion for continual learning
- Strong work ethic
- Embody Prettyology’s core values and culture
- Lead and manage Prettyology’s business operations, including the intricacies of our front desk and micropigmentation (permanent makeup) services
- Manage Prettyology’s service providers (artists) and client services (front desk) team, including hiring, scheduling, training, goal setting, coaching, performance reviews, and wage reviews
- Manage key outcomes including client and staff retention, productivity, prebook rates, retail and profitability
- Manage payroll
- Communicate, coach, and enforce Prettyology’s internal and client-facing policies, procedures and systems
- Maintain Prettyology’s superb brand reputation. Manage client and staff expectations and resolve client complaints.
- Manage retail inventory and professional supplies
- Manage promotions, events, and social media presence
- Be a role model for other employees
- Identify opportunities for improvement, propose and implement solutions
This is a full-time position requiring on-site presence. Evening and weekend hours may be required. We are currently open Mondays through Saturdays.
Eligibility & Relocation
Candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship. Unfortunately we are not able to assist with relocation.
If you’ve got the necessary experience and qualifications and Prettyology sounds like it might be an interesting next career step, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.